Re: Summer Tuba Camp

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David on March 06, 2003 at 15:13:24:

In Reply to: Summer Tuba Camp posted by :) on March 05, 2003 at 10:33:39:

It sounds as if you have given this idea quite a bit of thought.

Notwithstanding all the negative comments, I suggest you get with it and put this thing together.

The establishment of a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation, legal assistance, accounting assistance, board of directors, tuba or euphonium or a combination, music selection, conductors, teachers, pro, semi-pro, are just details and part of the research. Each is just one small part of the due dilegence.

The best way to describe your undertaking is to answer this question, "How do you eat an elephant?" The answer, of course, is one bite at a time.

If you have had a vision of doing this, then by all means you should do the research and see if it is feasible. It will take many hours and much determination, but as long as you have a mission statement and a vision statement, you can do it.

I would certainly want to work with a person willing to go out on a limb and do what he/she sees as a worthwhile project.

Sorry I did not answer any of your questions about music but just wanted you to know that some people still believe in visions.

Follow Ups: