Re: BM tubastore almost dead

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DC on March 06, 2003 at 12:09:44:

In Reply to: BM tubastore almost dead posted by Doc on March 05, 2003 at 19:08:28:

I'm not surprised. I hate to admit it but I used to a more than a decade a ago work for them. I left as soon as possible. They were quite willing to stiff their own employees, and employees acted in predictable ways in response. My supervisor told me that professinal players buy nothing. He may have had a point that most of the sales are to schools and students. But their idea of salesmanship was to push inventory and not to sell what customers wanted. They have also had problems with selling used horns and mouthpieces as new, at least when I was there. If the tuba store didn't make money I'm sure that changes were made. One salesmeeting we were told that the company was less of a music store and more of a loan company for sales. Sales were once encouraged to tell that a competing small store had poor quality instruments that wouldn't last. When they went out of business, the company bought them out and the salesmen were told to push the same instruments that they were badmouthing before. Whatever makes the sale!

Follow Ups: