Re: Wanted: YOUR ideas for a tuba/euph conf.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tony on March 28, 2002 at 07:49:20:

In Reply to: Wanted: YOUR ideas for a tuba/euph conf. posted by Alan Herold on March 27, 2002 at 21:03:16:

I would definitely talk to Skip Gray at UK. It seems that he has the golden touch when it comes to putting these things together. The SERTEC he did in Feb. 99 was better attended than the 98 ITEC in Minnesota. That was a one time thing, so the taking time to build is not very valid. Lexington was a good travel for most of the attendees, so location isnt that valid either. Timing is, and I dont think that the timing you have is bad. The army conf is a long ways away for the south people, so this is a great alternative to that one. Here are some suggestions I have, and Skip would surely be able to help.

Cater the conference to make sure many poeple attend. Skip would invite a lot of college ensembles to perform, and the professors also got to play on a recital. That kind of committment from these colleagues is very helpfull. These conferences are mostly for the collegiate realm anyways, so give them a stage. Add to that a couple of headliners, with soloist appearances with the military band you are in, and that should help draw some people too. It doesnt hurt to have a reading ensemble, and make sure you include new and upcoming talent so it is always fresh. And get some advice from Skip Gray when you start to do next years event. hope this helps a little.

tony

Follow Ups: