Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dent eraser ball diameters and more

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim on March 25, 2002 at 09:38:31:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dent eraser ball diameters and more posted by Klaus on March 24, 2002 at 23:39:56:

I have a friend that has a set of the dent barrels that I will try on one area that I had trouble with. Just to re explain what I did. I didn't reallt have any dents near the dent flange. I was just using the magnet to locate the ball to the area of the dent. I did try it on the back side of I guess would be called the knuckle where sousaphones are commonly dented due to being set down on the area. My horn has a small dented spot there but I could not remove the dent because there is a reinforcing plate there too which made the metal too thick to de-dent with the magnet. I think I or a repairman could get at with a dent rod to get it out.

I agree that this should be used mainly to remove in accessible dents where it is not worth it to take a horn apart. I have learned a few tricks using what I have and I think I would do a better job next time now that I have had a little practice.

-Jim

Follow Ups: