Re: Who writes this stuff?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wade on March 23, 2002 at 01:18:21:

In Reply to: Who writes this stuff? posted by Chuck(G) on March 22, 2002 at 13:57:11:

Good find, Chuck!

You know...

An eminent Musicologist once told me that the running violin solo in Sheherezade was originally scored for sousaphone.

But Rimsky-Korsakov's buddies at the Czarist Bar and Grille told him that the sousaphone timbre gave the mental image of the lithe and beautiful woman as being a sweaty, hairy, 350-pounder in need of a few extra veils to properly cover her...um...girlish figure. (Dance of the 27 Veils?)

Seeing his horrible error in judgement for what it was, he immediately rescored the entire work in its present form, removing the sousaphone part completely.

To any of you silly enough to think that I am even REMOTELY serious in this post: get a grip and learn to precieve the humor intended by the author of a post. Some folks on this BBS have been getting a little bit bent out of shape over really silly stuff of late.

Lighten up.

Have some fun.

Please.

Thanks for the post, Chuck! It is both funny and sad at once. BTW - I put those screw-backed amados on both of my horns. If you are interested in seeing them I might be able to post a pic for you at some point...

Later!

Wade Rackley
avalonduo(AT)mac.com

Follow Ups: