Re: gubmunt 'poser goes on tirade at concert

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doc on March 17, 2002 at 08:54:52:

In Reply to: gubmunt 'poser goes on tirade at concert posted by js on March 16, 2002 at 09:46:29:

Whether it was listenable or not, worthy or not, credit or not, a university and/or govt. employee should exhibit more professionalism, manners, and not make a (AT)ss out of himself. Some people's egos need to be pumped up so high, that the need overrides common sense and common courtesy (having it at all is a grand assumption on my part). He should, as an unknown, be thanking MSO for playing his works instead of bashing them because of his poor little ego. As is common in the isolated, unrealistic world of academia, this person has great book learning in his brain, but left no room for good old horse-sense. I would bet this person is one who left home, went to college, and has never left, making the transition from student to professor. Real world experience is necessary for people to truly understand how the real world works. Many students have it easy growing up, have it easy in college (protected from the real world) and get out of college thinking diploma=instant job, I'm smart, I'm somebody, just to have the real world slap them in the face. The real world is the real teacher about life(even then some don't learn people/communication skills or etiquette and manners). You just don't go on a tirade in public. You take it up with the proper officials. Make sure things are correct before showtime. Double check. Someone might have made a simple mistake that can be easily corrected. I would even venture a large sum on which political party this doofus supports. NOTE: Not all univ.prof/govt people or students are idiots. Not all people fall into this stereotype. New music is necessary and welcome, but leave the tantrums at home or restricted to management's office.

Doc

Follow Ups: