Re: Re: Re: PT-4 vs Mirafone188 vs MW2145

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on March 16, 2002 at 20:58:03:

In Reply to: Re: Re: PT-4 vs Mirafone188 vs MW2145 posted by Russ Dickman on March 16, 2002 at 19:26:49:

Russ, I think you should give yourself more of the credit. I really enjoyed my B.A.T. Holton CC (intonation nightmare that it was, as are most) and I am in love with my York EEb helicon. Both of these quirky instruments offer a very nice scale, neat unmistakable sounds, and tons of fun for experienced players, but not for most students entering college.

The 2145 is not nearly as problematic as the two instruments mentioned in the above paragraph. In fact, compared to those two instruments intonation-wise, playing a 2145 is a delightful "walk in the park". I enjoy the sound of the 2145 (Admittedly and to be fair, I've only played 2145's 7-10 times for no more than 15 minutes at a time.) when I'm really paying attention to it, but that model (on average) is going to be farther "out" (as are most Hirsbrunners, for that matter) than the run-of-the-mill 186-188 when played by a teenager entering college, don't you think?

Joe "agreeing more than it seems" S.

Follow Ups: