Re: method...higher register

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brent Vokes on March 13, 2002 at 21:32:55:

In Reply to: method...higher register posted by cezar on March 13, 2002 at 20:47:32:

You may want to listen to some voice teachers work through vocal warm-ups with their students, or better yet see if you can obtain vocal warm-ups that deal with exercises for the upper register. Approaching the upper register step-by step may help.As you move higher diatonically, keep your throat open. Many times a person will tense up their throat, closing off the air column and air flow, just because of increasing compression in the embouchure neccessary for the higher vibration/note. It is very important to keep the air flowing through the horn, keeping the air column "thick " or full. If you rely primarily on the embouchure to get the high notes you will become quickly fatigued. Ther are some books out there on the market that you may want to research also, but I also learned alot about the upper register just listening in on various vocal teachers' lessons. Well, I hope I have helped you alittle bit and have not been too confusing or rambling.

Brent Vokes

Follow Ups: