Re: AHH!! Where should I go for college??!?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andrew Bove on March 04, 2002 at 13:31:06:

In Reply to: AHH!! Where should I go for college??!? posted by confused! on March 04, 2002 at 11:48:42:

I also spent a lot of time my senior year of high school trying to decide what school to go to. It is such an important decision; I remember it being almost overwhelming at times. I decided to go to Northwestern and I would have to highly recommend the school without reservation. Everyone is different, but looking back on my decision, I know that it was the correct choice for me. Rex Martin is an incredible teacher and he is committed to helping his students succeed, so he spends a considerable amount of time with them. I also found the classes outside of the music school at Northwestern to be both interesting and challenging, with a lot of flexibility in choosing subjects that interest you.

One significant difference between the two schools that you mentioned is the fact that in Chicago you will have the opportunity to hear a world-class orchestra as often as you like, which is very valuable for a tuba student.

A great way to get information that can help you make your decision would be to speak to people who have studied at either of the two schools. You should be able to get a good idea about what to expect to get out of each school if you talk to enough people who have spent time there.

I would be happy to answer any specific questions that you may have via email and I could also help you get you in touch with a number of former students from both schools. Just let me know, I would be happy to help you out if I can.

Follow Ups: