Re: Is Eastman still a Pinnacle?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Current Eastman Student on March 03, 2002 at 16:09:47:

In Reply to: Is Eastman still a Pinnacle? posted by Jarrod on March 03, 2002 at 10:26:33:

Is Eastman the end all of schools?

Does it really matter?

NO. You as an individual player is all that really matters. You should go where you think you will learn the most. I personally go to Eastman because of Don Harry. He is probably one of the best teachers in the U.S. because of his experience and TEACHING ability, not just his fantastic playing ability. I think that the school itself is one of the most well-rounded because of the academic requirements, but if your question is whether or not it is still worthy of it's reputation I would ask: what does it matter....it has a great reputation...regardless of whether or not it deserves it. If you listen to the playing here there is a spectrum of ability, but the simple fact is that you either apply here or you don't; you get in or you don't, YOU DON'T GO TO A SCHOOL ONLY BECAUSE IT IS A "BIG NAME." Besides, the best players are those that study with someone because of what the teacher has to offer THEM, not because of a big name...though it doesn't exactly hurt does it? They have their name for a reason.
By the way, I personally think that this school is good for me, a pinnacle FOR ME "in my opinion"...but opinion doesn't matter, unless you are a committee member during an audition...
Just my two cents,
Brad Martin

Follow Ups: