Grad schools for doublers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scott on March 31, 2001 at 00:19:57:

I'm a junior general music major and I'm thinking about grad schools the year after next (I'm getting a little burnt out on school and am considering playing in a military band for a few years instead, but that's another story). The problem is that I don't really know if my principal instrument is tuba or euph. Is it possible to continue to study both extensively in grad school? Should I start having one instrument clearly my primary and the other secondary, or should I continue working on both equally? (I'd prefer to continue to double, rather than hav one instrument clearly my principal instrument). I know little about how graduate programs work (I'd probably be looking at a performance degree), so any advice in this area would be welcome.


Follow Ups: