Re: what do you want to be when you grow up?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JayH on March 25, 2001 at 17:02:25:

In Reply to: what do you want to be when you grow up? posted by Phil on March 24, 2001 at 20:55:05:

Well, I think my answer to these questions have varied over the past two years since I have been in college (Crane School of Music). I have so many interests in the field of music, its hard to decide the exact route I wish to go. I am currently majoring in Music educaiton with a minor (which will turn into a major shortly) in Music Business. Here's my latest goals:

1) Teach tuba lessons. This is always number one on my list. I find no greater thrill and enjoyment than teaching the tuba to interested minds, no matter what age. I do as much reading, research, asking questions, etc, to put together what I see as the best way to teach the tuba, as well as play it to become the best example I can be.
2) Playing tuba in as many local and professional organizations as I can. Money isn't the main key here, just love and enjoyment. If the rest of the group wants to play as much as I do, then its going to be a good time no matter what.
3)"Combining" my Music Education and Music Business majors and teaching Music Business. The more music business classes I take the more potential I see for it, and for teaching it. You don't have to be a music major to understand and take music business classes, all you need is a love and an interest and you can succeed in it. I think that concept is fantastic and can open up a whole new world to many students in the feild of music.
4) Opening up a small music store/studio. My brother is an accountant and real estate broker, and I'm majoring in music ed/bus. Good mix for opening up a music store, isn't it?

Thats whats on my mind right now. And I have been taking the courses I feel I need to take to get my going in the right direction.

Follow Ups: