Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navy Band Concert

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wade on March 24, 2001 at 13:17:38:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navy Band Concert posted by anon on March 24, 2001 at 12:04:27:

And with your grammar, YOU must not be much of an artist, either. A REAL musician is an artist, a teacher, often an arranger, and ALWAYS a businessperson. Maybe you should consider going to a different institution of higher learning, where your professor will teach you the truth about real life and give you some survival skills to augment your obviously abundant talent.

YOU are the kind of person that drives away patrons of the arts with your warped "vision" of what we should all want to hear. You will not make it in this business until you realize that if you play what YOU want all of the time and disregard the local tastes of your audience...well, your audience will dwindle over time, revenues will fall, the orchestra will suffer budgetary shortfalls, and the players will take cuts in pay.

In the case of my orchestra, some of the players were cut from the core and had to get day gigs for the first time in many years. And all due to the Artistic Advisory Committee being stocked with people of your stripe. Sorry, kid. This is life. If you think that the Navy Band was "prostituting" itself (not your word, but we ALL use this term when on this topic...) then maybe you should quit music and do something that is not so far beneath your implied greatness.

Of course, this is just the opinion of someone who likes to play music AND reach people AND get gratification AND get paid...yada yada yada...

Please inform the readership of this BBS as to the date/time/location of your next musical public appearance. I am sure we will all flock to it in order to determine whether or not we measure up to your standard of being a "real musician".

Most Cordial Regards,

Wade "you need to sign your d--m name if you choose to be a jerk to others" Rackley

Whoever posted the positive comments that this person was bashing...you are right on the money, and I for one thank you for your insight. This kind of bashing is why most pros avoid this BBS.

KWR

Follow Ups: