Re: Bah! ITEA. TUBA was a cool name

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rob Perelli-MInetti on March 22, 2001 at 10:59:59:

In Reply to: Bah! ITEA. TUBA was a cool name posted by TubaTiger on March 22, 2001 at 01:02:43:

ITEA is another nice innocuous name that feels politically correct to someone or another. Personally, I preferred T.U.B.A., because at least it was clear what it was mostly about and I think of the term 'brotherhood' in the sense of the "brotherhood of man" which includes both men and women. Another example of the destruction of the English language to appease those too ignorant to understand whta words actually mean -- it reminds me of the example of the fellow fired in Washington D.C. for using the word "niggardly" in its proper sense of "parsimonious", because some of the hearers thought it was derived from the dreaded "n-word" (as they say nowadays). Stupid is as stupid does. My personal pet peeve in this regard was the change of the name of the "United States Yacht Racing Union" to "US Sailing" because some people thought the YRU sounded elitist and exclusive. Well, the organization is devoted to yacht racing, just as TUBA is dedicated to the tuba.

Follow Ups: