Re: About a Tuba I bought??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gary Swart on March 17, 2001 at 13:54:08:

In Reply to: About a Tuba I bought?? posted by Jonathan on March 16, 2001 at 19:41:50:

Others have politely suggested that this in likely not of a very high quality. They are probably correct, but at the same time, some of the responders on the BBS are quite accomplished tubist, and as such their point of view is often bias toward upper end, meaning expensive, tubas. This is not to say they are incorrect, but some of us are not highly accomplished players and do not have the same performance requirements. I would suggest that you work with a teacher and see if you can tune your tuba. Not just the main tuning slide, but each valve. There will likely be some compromises, but see if you can get close. If so, then for now this will likely work OK for now. How long depends on your progress and how close is close. If it seems that this maybe isn't the tuba you hoped it would be, as suggest above, dump it on ebay and go back to the drawing board. My experience with Chinese (Mainland) woodworking tools varies for excellent to junk, so it's likely their musical instruments will be similar.

Follow Ups: