Re: Andrew Miller???-Boston/Paromount Brass

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark Fabulich on March 17, 2001 at 06:17:00:

In Reply to: Andrew Miller???-Boston/Paromount Brass posted by jon schultz on March 16, 2001 at 15:50:03:

Wow. Where to begin??? I studied with Andy for the last two years of my Bachelor's at The Boston Conservatory. He is a brilliant teacher who can relate very well to the student and find really good illustrations/ideas to get his points across completely clearly. While I was studying with him my orchestral sound and concepts took shape and my playing, overall, improved by leaps and bounds. I really believe his teaching helped me accomplish all the things I did in Boston and helped me get good enough to be where I am now, in Switzerland studying with Roger Bobo! So, as you can see, I can't say enough about him as a teacher.
As a player, damn... he's solid! Apart from his playing with the Paramount Brass, he played in NOI about 5 years ago (is that about right, Andy?) and performs quite a bit with the Albany Symphony when Matt Gaunt needs his help. He played a pretty impressive solo recital my last year at TBC which included the John Williams Concerto and a very fine Penderecki Capriccio. He has been studying with Gary Ofenloch and Toby Hanks since I left two years ago, so I can only imagine what he sounds like now... basically, I'm sure he sounds great!
Well, I hope this helps (and I hope it didn't embarass you too much, Andy)! Oh, BTW, if anybody is interested in studying with Andy, I'd suggest to contact him privatly to set something up with him. You can get his email from the archives on this BBS. Good luck!

Follow Ups: