Re: Re: Re: Re: 6/4 York CC still for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck(G) on March 16, 2001 at 20:50:06:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: 6/4 York CC still for sale posted by Anthony Labelle on March 16, 2001 at 20:04:00:

The intonation on this beast is surprisingly good, considering its size. Note that there's not even a 1st slide finger ring or handle--it isn't needed. That big tall 4th slide does help out on the bottom end D, though.

The low register is solid without being too boomy or muddy and playing is very even and easy in the high registers. A couple of alternate fingerings and a small 2nd slide pull (note the finger ring on 2) but nothing serious. No really out-of-whack notes or dead spots in the overall response. The 5th valve is at 0.840 and so low F (45) plays very open, which I really like.

It's a real joy to play and I feel really lucky to have access to this instrument. I suppose the only thing I'd change would be to have the 4th slide and associated tubing sliver plated to match the rest of the horn. I asked Richard about this and he said he didn't think it was important enough to bother with. I'm guess I'm more vain than he is...

Follow Ups: