Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Your thoughts on the new Besson CC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael Russo on March 15, 2001 at 17:19:46:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Your thoughts on the new Besson CC posted by guy on March 15, 2001 at 16:23:10:

I don't think that cosmetics are that important to MOST people. Granted a new horn should look like a new horn, but a lot of people are listening before they look. I deal with young people all the time that come in with their parents. Sometimes it hard to get the Moms and Dads to understand that looks aren't that important, but when a parent that doesn't know much about tubas can HEAR the difference, they jump on it. It's really great to see, too! :)

I really can't tell you what people are thinking about price. There are a lot of horns out there that are sold at very high prices. Sometimes the price is just high because of where the horn is imported from, but people will pay it. I'm not in a position to take out a loan to buy a horn, but many people do. If I want something, I have to save to get it, or find a payment plan that I can deal with. So, my experiance with what people are willing to pay isn't that wide. I try to get people the best horn I can. I don't like to see people leave here with a horn that isn't right because it's what they can afford. However, everyone is different!

mike russo
Brasswind

Follow Ups: