Re: Did I screw up?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on March 06, 2001 at 08:59:51:

In Reply to: Did I screw up? posted by Dick on March 06, 2001 at 08:05:48:

In your shoes about 17 years ago, and I did the same thing. My Sanders played fine, and it was a heck of an improvement over what I had before.

If you like the horn and it works for you, don't second-guess your decision. And asking such a question on the board is in the category of "Don't ask a question to which you may not want to hear the answer."

The price seems a bit high to me, and with what I know now, I might have considered a used horn rather than a demo for that money. But the same was true when I bought my Sanders demo for $1500 in 1984. I learned a lot and played a lot on that horn, and when I was ready for something new, I knew what I needed. The Sanders was reasonably good trade fodder, and I traded that horn (after it had attracted some dents) and another one for a used Miraphone. Is the Miraphone better? Of course. But I have no regrets about that Sanders.

There's no doubt that you can make good music on your horn. If you doubt that, just take a lesson from somebody really good, and let them play it for you.

As with all inexpensive tubas, though, you have to take care of it.

Rick "looking forward, not back" Denney

Follow Ups: