Re: hirsbrunner tuba models

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Oliver on March 04, 2001 at 22:20:34:

In Reply to: hirsbrunner tuba models posted by OverlyLoudPlayer on March 04, 2001 at 19:54:47:

Custom music is very picky about the Hirsbrunner instruments they sell. The Hirsbrunner 390, 392, and 394 are known as continental tubas, thatis, these are the models sold in Europe. European tuba players generally want different options on their horns. Custom Music sells the American-Hirsbrunner makes (HB 21 etc). I personally prefer the 21 becasue of the sound. But it depends what you are looking for the HB21 is a great 4/4 tuba, but the HB50 is a 6/4, we can't compare these for obvious reasons. Here is where my advice actually begins to help you. If you are looking to buy a CC tuba for say, college or pre-college use, I would reccommend the PT4P (4/4). If you are looking for a last you forever, play until you die horn, I would go for the HB21 (which is most like the HB394).
Another option you may want to look into is possibly contacting the European Distrubutor of Hircbrunner Horns. There is a Hirsbrunner dealer in St. Petersburg, Russia. The Russian economy is so low that in US $s everything is cheap. I bought two Hirsbrunner horns for less than the price of one from Custom Music (the downfalls of a good ecomony and capitalism..lol).

Good luck, and I hope you find a good horn.

Eric Oliver
-eoliver(AT)wf.net-

Follow Ups: