Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: planning to sell BBb BAT

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill B on March 13, 2000 at 16:15:42:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: planning to sell BBb BAT posted by Dale on March 13, 2000 at 13:17:35:

As the seller of the instrument, let me put in my two cents worth. One of the virtues of ebay is that it puts one in touch with people thousands of miles away for whom this could possibly be the ultimate instrument. The value of an instrument is determined by playability of the instrument, the scarcity or abundance of these instruments and the demand for this type of instrument. Ebay is a very fair way of sorting this out. In all probability, this instrument will not be purchased by some unknowledgeble person looking for an tuba for his son to practice on, but by a serious musician who understands what is involved. I placed am placing a reserve of $1000 on this instrument because it is the least price I would be willing to accept without feeling ripped of myself. I feel it is worth a fair amount more than that. If it gets that - fine, if it gets more - fantastic. If no one feels it is worth my minimum, fine, I'll take it off the market. Just let the market decide what an instrument is worth. The reason I am selling this tuba is because I decided that if I did sink the necessary amount of money into it to convert it, I would possess a great tuba which is too large for any of the ensembles that I play in, and I would probably end up selling it anyway. Better to put it into the hands of someone who can use it in an appropriate setting. If the bidding gets to the point where you feel the price is too high, by all means, stop bidding on it! I am not out to rip anyone off, I just feel that this is a good time to be placing this horn on the market.

Follow Ups: