Re: too involved?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Neil on March 21, 1999 at 16:11:38:

In Reply to: too involved? posted by Fei Huang on March 20, 1999 at 22:26:07:

One thing I've been learning over the years is that you never stop learning.Lately my jaw has been sore on one side. It could be that I played too much Tuba ( I play B Tromb mostly) and the extra moevement for the low notes caused the trouble at the pivot point in my jaw. The point is that learning how to deal with these minor probs. is a fact of life for any player,and a doubler has even more variables to deal with, so more to learn. Although these "funny" thing may crop once in a while though eventually they will be tamed through a practise *routine* that will train your chops.

On the practise routine note: Keep your primary (what is it? Figure that out soon.) as the horn that you practise the most. I agree with this The comment from Max,

>"I am primarily a bass bone player. Four years ago I started playing tuba, and my teacher, Ed Kleinhammer, told me to learn one instrument first. I think it was good advice."

This idea is something that any musician will agree with. Learning one horn properely will establish a"home base" from which you can build your doubles on.

Neil.

Follow Ups: