Re: Hey Sean!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on March 18, 1999 at 13:59:07:

In Reply to: Hey Sean!! posted by Dave on March 18, 1999 at 13:11:51:

I like to think I moderate more than censor some postings. Generally, anytime someone is simply prodding people to get a reaction or being disruptive without a genuine message, then I will try to catch it before it simply turns into a useless bloodbath. The "Projection" discussion had a couple of posting which were pulled, but that was from someone who obviously did not care about the topic and was just using the forum as a playground.

With the T.U.B.A. discussions, these people were expressing genuine attitudes and ideas. I disagree with most of the detractors, but that is no reason to quash their statements.

With regard to tieing this into some official format with TUBA. Right now, I would say no way. I have been approached with a similiar idea from one of the TUBA people and turned down the idea. Since this is by personal web page, I have certain freedoms and only really have to keep one person pleased with it's effectiveness. I wouldn't be opposed, schedule permitting, in lending ideas or IT experience to the TUBA homepage project, though.

Without the dynamic content of those posting and responding on the BBS this site would be little more than another collection of links on the web. This site generates, on average, 5000-8000 hits/day. That comes out to about 2-3 MILLION hits per year. Now that the BBS is archived comments will, hopefully, remain in perpetuity. The patterns I have seen with return readers incenuates that they tend to read just about all the new postings as they come out. These are some of the reasons I like to double check my spelling grammer and content. Once it is in print, so to speak, then it will probably be viewed several thousand times by people from all over the world.

For about 4-6 months now, I have had the board set up to send me an e-mail message with the contents of every posting, as it happens. I am actually receiving more messages from this board than any of my other mailing lists and the content is generally good, at least by my tastes, so I keep at it.

Thanks again to everyone who actually visits here and makes this happen.

sean

Follow Ups: