Re: T.U.B.A. ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt on March 14, 1999 at 22:15:10:

In Reply to: T.U.B.A. ? posted by Bushrod on March 13, 1999 at 12:00:07:

I once asked John Taylor (former editor of the Journal) about why I get my copy after everyone else. The bulk mailing system he explained, can mean that your Journal sits around at the different post offices on the way to you. It seems the Post Office processes bulk maiings as they get to them. I imagine as filler work. Maybe a postman can put down his AK-47 and explain it to us. Okay, that's the price we pay for cheaper shipping. I can live with that.
Next. Not directed to anyone in particular, some people are looking at the Journal from the wrong perspective. We are making a donation to a cause we believe in! The Journal is a nice "Thank you treat and here is what is happening". It's like someone making a $50 donation to PBS and complaining that all they got was a CD and not a pair of $100 tickets to the opera. If you are only thinking what 4 copies of a Journal should cost, T.U.B.A. is not for you.
Call it a paradigm shift if you will. I am pleased how such a small amount of my money can be combined with the donation of others to do wonderful things for the tuba / euph community. Matt

Follow Ups: