Re: Re: Re: is it proper?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on March 03, 1999 at 11:59:28:

In Reply to: Re: Re: is it proper? posted by Just Curious on March 03, 1999 at 11:48:06:

Sure. That would most certainly be the ideal situation, but some of these horns have waiting lines from the factory. The manufacturers who don't make massive quantities of instruments must allocate quotas of instruments to the various distributors in order to be fair. A dealer may have a demand of 6 people ready to buy, but the manufacturer will only send them 4 horns at a time due to manpower constraints on their end. It is sorta like the new VW beetle. Every place which carries them could easily sell them out the day they arrived, but then no new potential buyers could have a chance to evaluate them.

I don't necessarily "like" the idea of an instrument I just laid down $XXXXX for being used as a "demo" horn after I have paid for it because of the potential for damage. On the otherhand, I probably got to try out that horn because someone else was patient in allowing the dealer to hold it for a little longer.

sean

Follow Ups: