Re: Re: Re: what to include on a resume...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James on March 24, 1999 at 00:33:02:

In Reply to: Re: Re: what to include on a resume... posted by Greg on March 23, 1999 at 22:50:06:

I strongly agree with your comments. There are plenty of great YOUNG players out there. Besides, does'n the auditioning experience make you a smarter and better audition taker for next time? Of course. You are right, if things are the way we are lead to believe, we would run out of people who would be allowed to audition in a lifetime. That would be a shame.

I know some people who have done well with little or no experience. Making an alternate for Civic for example. Over people with, and let us not forget without, previous experiece. When it comes down to it, any of us could be the best player on any given day. The question is, can you keep it up? Well, experience helps. But it is not a prerequisite to consistancy. Right?

Now I'm not saying that I know everything, not at all. For anyone to say that is foolish and without grace. As much as I think and immagine, I will never know what is going on in an audition commitee. None of us do. Even if we have had the chance to sit in on one, that has no bearing on how the next audition with the next orchestra will be run.
I'm sure that somethings like this happen, but again, how do we know?
That's what I think, but I'm just a tuba player without a job. Right?

Follow Ups: