Re: Third Hand Information

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on June 25, 2003 at 20:02:44:

In Reply to: Third Hand Information posted by Marty Neilan on June 25, 2003 at 15:28:46:

I made the same comment awhile back, but again (as I've admitted many times) I don't say things with near as much tact as you and others do and I annoyed quite a few folks. (ref: "self test", and a couple of other threads as well)

Gossip can indeed wreck sales of worthy models of musical instruments. I sell a certain brand of flute that is quite sturdy, easy to repair, very easy to play, plays REMARKABLY well in tune, and is CHEEAP. One teacher in town bad-mouthed it around town* and I just about had to quit ordering that brand.
*THE BORING DETAILS: That student was probably the best flautist to ever come from this town. He is now a professional, and at that time he was practicing about SIX or MORE hours a day - requiring frequent instrument adjustments. The teacher was annoyed that this student's instument was needing pad and adjustment work so often, but it didn't occur to the teacher that that about once a month this student was putting in approximately a year's worth of wear-and-tear on that flute - compared to her other students.

Follow Ups: