Re: Re: Re: Audition Preparation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by danny on June 23, 2003 at 20:43:38:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Audition Preparation posted by Ryan on June 23, 2003 at 10:47:53:

Ryan....good to hear from you. It doesn't have to take a half hour, or even fifteen minutes, the mental thing. I would run through things quickly sometimes, or if I had more time, I would spend more time with it. I spent a lot of time in airplanes at that point, and that was a great time. the more you can run the whole thing, the better. Also, the more accurate picture you can paint, the better. I don't think you've been up to blue lake before, but imagine the different performance venues. The lodge in the middle of the woods where you'll do you're first two rounds. The concert hall where you'll rehearse with D. Flickenger (sp???) the audience in front of you. Hear the pieces, and know that you've played them with success. Most of the time, I would run the audition process through in under 15 minutes, but that's just because I don't have much of an attention span. Hope that helps.
Hope Denton is treating you well, and say hey to everyone there for me. Oh, and don't spend too long at the pool when you're dropping the kids off....they'll think you're scamming for your next girlfriend.

Danny

Follow Ups: