Re: Tubas for Sale -- Father's Day Edition

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Ferreira on June 12, 2003 at 13:03:42:

In Reply to: Tubas for Sale -- Father's Day Edition posted by Billy M. on June 11, 2003 at 23:47:51:

I have decided to put my 4/4 CC Kalison Daryl Smith model (silver) tuba up for sale. It is approximately 13-14 years old, and I am the third owner. It is in good condition, and plays well. Cosmetically, the slide lock mechanism on the first valve slide is broken (which does not affect the playing) and the detachable thumb ring needs to be either soldered (sp?) or screwed back on. There are very minor dings on the bottom bow and the bell, and a few scratches. There is some wear around the contact points, but the silver plating is about 95% intact.

It is a good all-around horn, and produces a nice big sound with a mouthpiece like a PT-88. Included is a Tuba Exchange soft case that is made for Kalisons (one of the two zippers is broken, but it still works fine) and a PT-88 mouthpiece that is in fair condition. I am asking $3400, and am willing to negotiate (to an extent).

The reason I am selling it is because I would like to buy an Eb or F tuba, but do not have the finances for both.

If I had a medium to provide a link to the pictures, I would. However, if you would like to see pictures, or have any questions, feel free to e-mail me. I check my mail several times a day, so chances are you will have a response in a matter of hours.

Thanks!
Eric Ferreira
Flagstaff, AZ

Follow Ups: