Re: Re: Du-Bro redux

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by steve on June 06, 2003 at 13:30:54:

In Reply to: Re: Du-Bro redux posted by Philip on June 06, 2003 at 12:32:45:

A parts list isnt exactly necessary. If you can get to a hobby shop you can find modle airplane prop links that will most likely fit the ball of your linkage.If you dont have ball and socket its not gonna be as simple of a job. If so than match the prop-links to your ball. from here its up to you to become prficient with a tap and dye set. While at the hobby store pick up some unthreaded brass rod. Experiment until your confident to make some rods.Youll hafta ofcourse know the thread of the the prop-link. You can bend them however you want for clearance. You can also adjust the the paddles if you want by experimenting with rod length. when your ready just snap them on.If you need to have your linkage tapped for a ball then your gonna have much more of a job ahead of you.But please leave that part to pros.BTW pick up some spare links,Theyre cheap and will take two minutes to swap out inthe event of an emergency. Toploading gig bags love to eat em.
This post is simply a guide to how i did things.A buddy of mine converted his horn thirteen years ago and its held up quite well. I dont want this post to turn into a huge pissin contest between all the gearheads and chop artists on this forum.This is very approximent but I know that you should be able to figure this out If youve ever taken apart linkages. Just think carefully and dont tryanything beyond your abilities,but dont be scared to learn a couple skills and save yourself a buck or 200.

FWIW,
Steve

Follow Ups: