Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: extravagant student ensemble trips

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on June 01, 2003 at 23:08:45:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: extravagant student ensemble trips posted by James Rees on June 01, 2003 at 21:51:23:

Though you may feel that you worked very hard asking others for money and selling stuff that some man in a suit brought to your school, you should probably thank your grandparents, aunts/uncles, and friends of your parents for paying $10 each for all of those 50¢ candles, etc.

I think you would have benefited more by earning the money yourself by selling “real” stuff like yard-cutting, leaf raking, hand auto-waxing, or working at a business (burger-flipping or the like). I realize that teenagers are no longer allowed to have newspaper routes in most cities.

My friends and I all earned the money for our instruments and our band trips (bus trips) in these ways. The posts I’ve read so far are not convincing me that I’m terribly off base.

J. “We were unsophisticated, but actually knew that the Eiffel Tower, Great Wall, Pyramids, Concorde, and other wonders existed without seeing them firsthand within three years of experiencing puberty.” S.

Follow Ups: