Re: Looking for "theme" recordings

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike on June 29, 2002 at 00:21:52:

In Reply to: Looking for "theme" recordings posted by Roger on June 28, 2002 at 21:21:56:

From what I understand, Sotto Voce Tuba Quartet will be producing a new cd that will contain the complete quartet music of John Stevens. When it will be available or started is unknown to me. Mr. Harvey Phillips plans to re-release(hope that's the correct way to write it!) his solo work sometime in the near future. Alec Wilder goodies galore! There again, availability unknown. Mr. Phillips may be retired, but he's busier now than ever! I for one would love to see some of the lesser known music: Hartley, Presser, etc, on cd. Even if some works may not be considered the greatest literature, it would give the listener the ability to make that decision for themselves. How many recordings does one person really need of Carnival of Venice, etc? Just my opinion.
Roger, the only one "theme" cd I can think of off the top of my head, is the Marcus Hotzel cd in which he does all the standard tuba solos that are accompanied by Horn. I don't own, but I have heard it and it is fantastic! If anyone knows how to get a copy, let me know! Good luck in your search!

Follow Ups: