Re: Re: Re: Mouthpiece in my chin

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on June 26, 2002 at 16:00:27:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Mouthpiece in my chin posted by Doug on June 26, 2002 at 15:32:31:

Joe of course is wise, right, clever, and full of insight (just ask him). I actually follow his advice when playing my Conn 40K hugaphone.

However I use another approach on my less hugaphonistic Conn 26K in Eb. As have the pro loaners of that instrument done.

We, all the 3 of us, point the neck directly towards the centre of our lips. The first bit is inserted so that it points upwards within the plane of the neck. The second bit is inserted so that it points back in a direction parallel to the neck receiver. Someone might say, that the bits form a sort of dogleg bringing the mouthpiece up to the level of the mouth.

I have 3 original Conn necks and 5 original bits for the 2 sousas. But whenever my favourite neck has not followed the 26K out of the house (it came with the 26K), I use the same set of neck and bits for both sousas. Only figured differently for each of them.

So basically it is a matter of optimising, what one has, rather than have it professionally disfigurated for a huge sum.

Klaus

Follow Ups: