Re: I need help teaching beginners

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by future teacher on June 22, 2002 at 09:22:50:

In Reply to: I need help teaching beginners posted by tubanator on June 21, 2002 at 16:11:10:

I had a really good discussion about this with a friend just last night...
I firmly believe one of the best qualities a teacher needs is the desire to teach. As a teacher one must want to be there, and be willing to take the time to persevere through both the good and the bad. It will not be beneficial to a student to learn from someone who teaches because he / she just does it as a "day gig," or because someone suggested him / her and he / she felt obliged to respond.
Patience is a virtue. Even more important though might be the ability to connect with your student and understand how he / she learns. Every student will be different, thus a different approach might need to be developed and adopted for each and every student you encounter.
Do your best and give it all you have. I believe if you don't want to put everything you have into it, find someone who does. Otherwise, learn by doing, and keep the advice of others you trust in mind. You will learn from your students just as they will learn from you.
Sorry, this is my passion, and I get worked up... (:

Follow Ups: