Re: NEPTUNE two leadpipes?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rex Roeges on June 21, 2002 at 20:59:50:

In Reply to: NEPTUNE two leadpipes? posted by Wondering on June 21, 2002 at 18:21:24:

I have one of these horns (rotary version), and yes, it does come with two leadpipes. I believe the difference is that one flares faster than the other. There is a marked difference in the sound of the horn when you change the leadpipes. The sound with one of the leadpipes is more focused and with the other leadpipe is darker. I know that those terms are imperfect for describing tonal qualities, but that's the best I can do right now. I played the horn for about a year with one of the leadpipes, then changed because I like the sound from the other one better (after getting used to the horn), and have been using it ever since. There has been no problem with the connections, so interchanging them is not a problem (no leakage or anything like that, the connection points stay tight). It seems to be a nice standard feature with the horn. Incidently, I recently had the opportunity to try several other large CC's against mine, and, while they were very good, I still like mine best.

Follow Ups: