Re: Blue Shades

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark (Has the part) on June 19, 2002 at 14:29:14:

In Reply to: Blue Shades posted by Samuel on June 17, 2002 at 12:24:55:

Sam,

Wow, did you ever think all of this would have been brought up when you asked for this? Anyway, I have a original part which I have paid for and used when Ticheli himself guest conducted my group last year. If you still need a legal, original copy, please email me.

By the way, if you ever need another part whether it is for band or whatever else, the first thing that I do is order it through a music retailer, then I call around to some friends of mine and see if any of them have it and if I can borrow it for a limited time. When the copy comes in, I return the borrowed copy. I know that sounds easy to say, but remember that as of the last time I heard, the fee for unauthorized photcopying of music is $250.00 per copy! I wouldn't be so public when asking for a photocopy even though I think you meant well in your pursuit.

More info you didn't really want to know... you can call the publisher (Manhattan Beach, in this case) and formally request an authorized photocopy. They usually will only allow this if it is an emergency and you have proof that you ordered the original. If the part is out of print, you still have to get the publisher's permission to copy a part! They will often charge for YOU to make the copy. But in your particular case, Bob Magolis (sp) is quite workable and would probably help you the best way he could. Manhattan Beach may be more expensive, but any conductor who orders music from them knows that their scores have great analysis and historic information and the paper will last longer for those of us who use their pieces multiple times.

Anyway, I hope you have the part, email me if you don't.

Mark
(who totally agrees with Rick Denney on this one!)

Follow Ups: