Re: Ever feel like you can't make it?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Been There on June 12, 2002 at 17:17:45:

In Reply to: Ever feel like you can't make it? posted by JB on June 12, 2002 at 15:50:21:

Those times are hard. I am in a situation where I am out of college and just trying to find a community orchestra to play in is a major task. I feel your pain. Looking at the recent BIG auditions I wouldn't be surprised if some of the real studs that made it to the finals in BSO and SFSO feel the same as you. Playing in an orchestra is a really cool thing to do unfortunatley a lot of other tuba players feel the same way we do.

You will always go through those times when you put the horn to your face and can't hit anything the way you want and then some days everything just plays itself. Realize that although you may feel like you suck at the time your definition of sucking has really changed in the last few years because of your musical growth. Sometimes what helps me feel better is listen to myself in a group. I am usually surprised to how I sound. It just amazes me that what I hear when I play is not a true representation of what comes out of my horn.

Sometimes going and listening to a real good group perform helps to get my fire back.

Hope it helps...

Follow Ups: