Re: Re: College Audition/Senior Recital Rep.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by eric on June 12, 2002 at 11:24:36:

In Reply to: Re: College Audition/Senior Recital Rep. posted by Camilo on June 12, 2002 at 10:20:05:

Here, Here!

It is certaintly a point to be made that arrogance can be a HUGE obstacle. Do not assume that etudes and "simple fluff" is underneath you, becasue no matter how good you are, it's not. I auditioned with the Vaughan Williams (along with some other etudes etc...) and I will say that I think some panelists came into the room thinking that it was simply too hard for a senior in high school to do well, but I was accepted, but I know that even at the audition there were work that could (read: should) have been done.

But have fun...sometimes if youy pick a piece just for the name, take for example the Perderecki or Carnival of Venice etc... you get so hung up in playing it "the Bobo way" or "(intert name here)'s way" that you lose sight of the music and the inherent value of song.

Best of luck,

E.O. (and just to mock some of the posts I have read lately, I will correct the previous poster's GRAGSON concerto, it's Gregson Concerto) :)

Follow Ups: