Re: where can I find a cheap used CC tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Daniel C. Oberloh on June 11, 2002 at 21:08:51:

In Reply to: where can I find a cheap used CC tuba posted by camilo on June 10, 2002 at 12:47:58:

What is the max you are willing to spend on a tuba? If you are willing to do a bit of looking you can save money but you should not be looking at any of the stuff on the auction sites as you will most probably not get what you need. If you are seriously trying to get a decent instrument for school and not spend nore then you have to you will do well to go through Baltimore Brass or other established dealers.. Don't even think about that Chinese stuff. It may be improving in quality but it is still not even close to the standards required at a college level. Save your maoney and Get an old Mirafone, Cervany , Sanders,B$S, etc. There are a few out there that may not be lookers but they can do the job. Expect to spend $2500. If you go with a lesser model just because of price you will be very sorry. I do have a Cervany 5Valve CC listed on our company web site. You are welcome to have a look. It may or maynot be what you are looking for. Best of luck in your serch.

Daniel C. Oberloh
Oberloh Woodwind and Brass Works
www.oberloh.com

Follow Ups: