For Sale : 2 tubas and a Helicon

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark on June 11, 2002 at 01:19:14:

Making room for other stuff I've bought recently...I'm forced to put these up on the block. Feel free to email me with any questions:

1) Yamaha YBB621, brass, 4 piston valve, 3/4 size horn, great for chamber/small ensemble work, presently in the shop getting nearly 10 years of minor airline dings smoothed out. $2,800.00, with the case it came with which the baggage handlers have really done a number on.

2) Yamaha YBB103, rescued from a school auction and then literally left in cab of my truck behind the passenger seat, you know, so I'd have a tuba at a moments notice. I'm sure you all can relate. It's a mighty ballsy horn for such a lil' thing...$1000.00 with a case, but not the one it came with which you wouldn't want anyway.

3) Name indecipherable, probably Czech, most likely teens to 20's era, smallish BBb Helicon. Purchased after a festive bout of binge drinking with the Fanfare Ciocarlia (who's that you might say..well do yerself a favor and find either of thier CD's on Piranaha, www.pirahna.de) in a hotel room in Houston TX after their appearance there with the Gypsy Caravan tour last fall. The didn't have hard cases for their horns and this poor thing had been checked 15 times and showed the wear. Monel, thier Bb Heliconist (not to be confused with the F Heliconist) felt he'd do better to sell it here and start over with a new one when he got back to his village in Romania. After about 6 rounds of slivovitz we agreed to a price and I took it home. I had my local magicians work it over and now it even looks as nice as it sounds. Got that tight focused BLAT that you can only get with a 100 year old E. European Helicon. Yours for only $1400.00. (Only selling it to make room for a bigger Huttl I found in Hungary recently.)

Follow Ups: