Re: funniest mistake/act of disobedience

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by shakeyourtuba on July 01, 2001 at 14:17:11:

In Reply to: funniest mistake/act of disobedience posted by James McNeil on June 29, 2001 at 13:29:56:

OK my friends thought these were worthy enough to warrant a laugh or two:

No. 1: Being in a high school marching band is pretty cool, and the tuba line gets to were black berets instead of the traditional plastic tall hates with plumes. So anwyay, I am walking toward the beginning set of our opener from one of last year's million rehearsals before football games and I'm in full uniform with the beret on. One of our (I don't mean this to be insulting, he really is) homosexual trumpet players walks beside me and exclaims, "I'm gonna have to call you Pierre now!" Being the newby tuba sophomore, I needed a witty comeback, so I said quite calmly and seriously, "I'm gonna have to call you a fag." Needless to say, he was thouroughly offended and walked off with a huff. The tuba line found it immensely hilarious and we still reminisce.

No. 2: In junior high, I had recently switched from cornet to tuba and had once again left my tuba at home and was thoroughly bored. We were at an after-school practice and we were in a slow lullaby-like song and I decided for some reason I should lean back in my chair against a wall and take a nap (nothing better to do) and I actually fell asleep. When I awoke about five minutes later, I had a confused yet vehement look from my band director and approximately 120 outbursts of insane laughter from the entire band. Oh yeah.

No. 3: Falling backwards 3 times while carrying a sousaphone.

No. 4: Spraining my ankle running with a sousaphone after tripping off a curb.

Follow Ups: