Re: Hardcore Breathing Exercises

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Devin on June 29, 2001 at 11:11:28:

In Reply to: Hardcore Breathing Exercises posted by James Rees on June 29, 2001 at 02:03:01:

I have a book from Ed Jones that has the breathing exercises that Sam Pilafian recommends... I'll list them here (It's long):

1.Champagne Cork- cover mouth with back of hand and try to inhale until you feel a definite pull in your stomach, then remove hand. It should sound like a champagne cork popping.

2.Capacity Exercise- Inhale for 5 seconds, hold for 15, exhale for 5. While holding air in, move it from upper chest to lower abdomen.

3.Flow exercises- inhale for 6 counts, exhale for 6 counts; inhale for 7, exhale for 7, etc. until you're at 10 counts. Also, inhale for 4, exhale for 8, in for 5, out for 10.

4.Panic Breaths- Inhale for a half a count, exhale for 8, and continue without pausing until breathing is comfortable. Inhale on the syllable "how."

5.Resistance Breaths (My personal favorite)- place a fist over your mouth and breathe in for 30-45 seconds (you should get very little air during the breathing), and hold breath for 10-15 seconds. Exhale slowly, and do NOT gasp for air. Instead, take a normal breath. It should feel incredibly open and almost refreshing.

I've done all of those, and the last is my favorite because it focuses both my air and my mind. Hope I could help!!

Devin

Follow Ups: