Re: What BBb is the most "American"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Herrick on June 27, 2001 at 19:41:23:

In Reply to: What BBb is the most "American" posted by Kenneth Sloan on June 27, 2001 at 00:06:01:

A nice range of topics to touch on here!
I think my old King Monster BBb would go close to producing an "American" sound. It was sure regarded that way when I first came to Australia 30 years ago. Just about everybody else was on B&H (Boosey / Besson) BBb or for the orchestra gigs an Eb. But, yes to somebody from ouside the US the big old sousie would be it.

Following on from displacement, and forced air - try the old aerophore. A foot pump with a hose leading to a pipe which you insert into the corner of your mouth for extra air!

As for the automotive side, welllllllll, what about the old MOPAR 426 Hemi with fuel injection and blower? About 68 Dodge had a 500 copy street machine which was only slightly de-tuned from Daytona specs. Advertised as 425hp for insurance purposes but more like 750+hp straight off the showroom floor.

SO lets put this altogether with a another element or two.

Use the Mopar with blower to drive the aerophore to give Jake some extra puff on the old Yorks. It would have made the explosion of Krakatoa sound like a 2 cent firecracker in comparison!!!

Follow Ups: