Re: Guidance and/or inspiration

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay on June 26, 2001 at 11:16:52:

In Reply to: Guidance and/or inspiration posted by DeWayne on June 26, 2001 at 08:04:13:

I know kinda what you are going through. I stopped playing for about 10 years and then decided to jump back into it. I recently had to stop playing again due to a car wreck and some herniated disks'. Needless to say this has thrown my private lesons teacher and me into a hair-pulling fits. I had just gotten my lips back into some shape (not anything like the old days). When I first started back I did TONS of lip slurs on a Dennis Wick 4AL (plug). I know it isn't EXACTLY the same but you are in essence rebuilding the lip muscles. Just be patient and buzz all the time ( I know it saounds trite but...) It isn't as bad as it could be, you know where to go with you playing and you know what you want to do with it too. Now you just have to rebuild the muscles.

My dad (French Horn) knocked out his four bottom teeth in a bike accident and had to have dentures, if a frenc horn player can come back from that... then surely you can bounce back.

Follow Ups: