Re: I need motivation!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by IG on June 24, 2001 at 00:08:51:

In Reply to: I need motivation!! posted by Burned out on June 23, 2001 at 20:52:19:

In the past I found it hard at times to practice, mostly because I felt like I was at a plateau in my playing. later i had my playing
plateau explained to me like this. First we have expectations about our playing, and as we get better, practice, and learn more,
our expectations go up, day after day year after year. Next we have how we actually play the tuba.

On the days that we think we are gods of tuba playing, we have gone past our expectations only to later experience
in the practice room a feeling of not playing well, doing worse, or being at a plateau in our playing. When we reach
these times of feeling like we are going backwards in our playing, we are actually raising our expectations. We then have
a new level to reach in our playing!!! all very positive when looked at the right way. So yesterday I sounded great, but
today I played the same music, and my brain wasn't satisfied playing like I did yesterday, I found new little things
to make better.

I hope this makes sense

IG

Follow Ups: