Re: Hirsbrunner instruments

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by cat on June 22, 2001 at 11:59:28:

In Reply to: Hirsbrunner instruments posted by Scott on June 22, 2001 at 10:47:46:

I noticed a difference immediately on my 21 when i got it, but that was partially due to the fact that the quality was so much better than the horn I previously played. This is not to say that the Hirsbrunner solved problems, rather it was the fact I had a horn that worked with me rather than against me.
I've been playing my 21 for 6 months now, and I still think my sound has improved immensely. However, for me the key was finding the correct mouthpiece. I just happened to find the mouthpiece that gave me the exact sound I wanted on my 21. So I guess it did take some getting used to, but making the exact equipment match was one of the keys.
I think it will take time to adjust to any horn though. You must find the minute details of playing that must be adjusted to get the sound you want. On a different vein, I got my Besson 983 a year and a half ago, and I hated the sound. Now that I have developed some essential fundamental skills, I love my Besson e-flat sound, and wouldn't trade it for anything. I've played other e-flats I thought I liked better, but I don't anymore. That was definitely a case of getting adjusted to the horn. I went from having a weak, airy sound on the Besson to the exact classic e-flat British-type sound I personally wanted.
Hope this helps in some way, shape, or form!

Follow Ups: