Re: Re: I Tip my Hat to You

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg on June 20, 2001 at 21:07:54:

In Reply to: Re: I Tip my Hat to You posted by Rob T on June 19, 2001 at 20:09:39:

I was in the same spot a year ago, and it was between Music Performance, and Mech. Engineering. Then this year I was drum major of my H.S. marching band got to experience teaching. (at my school the director stays out of the picture at rehearsals during marching band. I still haven't figured out why he does that, though). So, I ran rehearsals, organized several events, and tried (it's more difficult when you're one of their peers) to keep students in line. I had an absolute BLAST with it!! Then I got some younger (H.S. freshmen) private students and found I really like (quasi) studio teaching. After much deliberation, I decided I'm going to go for the Music Ed. degree, then if I want the next level, I may consider a M.M. in performance. But, I'm keeping an open mind as I perpare for college. I have many other interests, which I hope to furthur in college. Right now I'm entertaining the propensity of a Minor in Math, but we'll see how that pans out (if it does).
Good Luck.
Greg

Follow Ups: