Re: Re: Re: Warm-Ups

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on June 20, 2001 at 19:50:11:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Warm-Ups posted by Katy on June 20, 2001 at 18:41:50:

When it comes to James Galway I would say, that he beyond any doubt has an enormous potential of musicianship amd virtuosity. Only he ruins it by his disgusting vibrato. Of course he has to avoid long note warm-ups as they would teach him something about his playing, that he would not want to learn.

Having posted previously on this thread, I might have to make clear, that my warm-ups might go further than the mere activation of musculatures and circulatory streams.

Not being let fully down by my ears, I am quite aware of the hazards and trappings in my interactions with my diverse instruments. I call the efforts to smoothen out these hazards "warm-ups", because I consider them being necessities before doing anything else.

If some of you might consider this practising of basic skills, then I am not going to flare up the WWIII for that reason.

When it come down to honesty: I hate long note exercises, because they are just so boring. To achieve the same objectives, I have rephrased the term of this type of exercises to " long phrase exercises". Allowing me to make a few more shifts of notes.

Klaus

Follow Ups: