Re: Re: Reduced price B&S PT6

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jonathan Baker on June 20, 2001 at 04:58:26:

In Reply to: Re: Reduced price B&S PT6 posted by Eric on June 19, 2001 at 12:48:50:

I bought this 4/4 factory original CC York (a model 692 I think) off an old teacher of mine (Ken Young) who has just started a year's sabatical from the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra in Wellington. Ken had owned the York since about 1983 when he bought it off Bob Tucci. Bob was selling it to finance the purchase of his old teacher's York!! Bob bought it off Arnold Jacobs in 1967. Jake had had it rebuilt in 1966. It's a grand old lady, amazing sound and response. It's also incredible the sheer size and weight of noise you can produce from a tuba that really isn't that enormous. I've spent a lot of time with a tuner and working with my trombones over the last few weeks though, and I think I've got its intonation idiosyncracies pretty much ironed out now.

Cosmetically it's a little beaten up at the moment but goes in for some repairs next week.

I'm afraid I don't have any photos of it anywhere on the web, but if anyone's really interested I'd be happy to email a photo.

Follow Ups: