Re: Any comments from the GABBF?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Carroll on June 18, 2001 at 09:19:24:

In Reply to: Any comments from the GABBF? posted by Greg Crider on June 18, 2001 at 00:30:50:

Once again, the GABBF was a huge success. I and my family enjoyed the performances a great deal. Probably most enjoyed was the combined performance by the London Citadel (Salvationist) Band and the Lexington Brass Band on Elsa's. Fortunately, this year, my quartet was invited to perform on some of the sattelite stages and that was a hoot. Except for the storm out of the balloon race on Friday, the weather was wonderful. I did , however, feel bad for Luur Metals (Spanish Quintet). They are an incredible group of musicians, but the program they played Saturday evening was too "recital- ish" for that outdoor crowd. I really dug what they were doing, but I fear it was lost on a lot of those in attendance. Dixie Power Trio/New Line Brass was such fun, as always. Winston Morris' MJT was impressive despite PA balnce problems. Joe Murphy is such a fine improvisor. Olympia seems to be doing quite well, even though Milton is sorely missed by all of us.

Follow Ups: